Re: 1S1 repair news :-)

jlamesch@...

--- In TekScopes@egroups.com, Michael Dunn <mdunn@c...> wrote:
As for the six missing GaAs diodes in the sampling bridge and
elsewhere, I got some SMT Schottky diodes as hopeful subs. The
unit
is now working somewhat - there are some triggering and offset
problems. But, with the right settings and input, I can get a
valid
trace!!! Whether these probs are a result of the Schottkys, I
don't
yet know. All I can say is, it's VERY cool to scroll over a 200MHz
waveform at 35ps/div! (yes, 35ps. 0.035ns!) Though a bit
useless,
as the risetime of the thing is *only* about 300ps...
Hi,
replacing the GaAs diodes with Schottkys sounds extremly
interesting. Could you write which type of Schottky diodes you
used? I think a lot of (potential) sampling plugin repairers
would appreciate this information, at least I would.

Thanks a lot,
Laurent Lamesch