From: timothy.urban@wc.ey.com
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:46 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Dumb newbie question

Running through a manual for the Tek 11302A analog scope, it states that
the left and center plugins control vertical deflection, and that a plugin
in the right bay controls horizontal deflection...

What?

The 11302A provides horizontal sweep and timebase in the mainframe, I
thought. I have operated my 11302A with the right bay empty with no ill
effects.

I haven't even seen a horizontal timebase plugin for 11000 series scopes.

Is this a reference to XY patterns using a vertical amplifier in the right
bay?

Confused in Maryland,

Tim
N5IIT
Washington Council Ernst & Young

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Notice required by law: This e-mail may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under U.S. law, if its primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. You may choose not to receive advertising and promotional messages from Ernst & Young LLP (except for Ernst & Young Online and the ey.com website, which track e-mail preferences through a separate process) at this e-mail address by forwarding this message to no-more-mail@ey.com. If you do so, the sender of this message will be notified promptly. Our principal postal address is 5 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP