Re: TM504 Fuse Alternate

honolulusnowwhite

Hi Tom,

I own a TM503 and TM504. Fortunately I have not had any series-pass power transistor failures.

However, in the event of a future failure, can you or other group members recommend suitable replacement NPN and PNP transistors? When I researched that previously it was not obvious that suitable transistors of the correct physical form-factor are still available, and I was left with the impression it may be necessary to modify the transistor's physical mounting when installing a replacement.

Thanks,

Patrick Wong AK6C

--- In TekScopes@..., "Tom Miller" <tmiller11147@...> wrote:

You should also check the power transistors in the mainframe. There is a PNP and a NPN for each slot. Since these are often used for power supply pass transistors, if any are shorted it may do harm to an otherwise good plugin.