Re: copyrights & CDROMs

Miroslav Pokorni <mpokorni@...>

To my mind examples of Electro Rent and Tucker show that Tektronix prefer
attitude 'do not ask, do not tell', the same as was allegedly hinted to
Dean. I visited couple of sites that were listed in Stan's mailing,
http://www.tek.com/Measurement/scopes/index.html
<http://www.tek.com/Measurement/scopes/index.html> Both of them are mostly
copies; if Tektronix wanted to go after someone these two guys would be
prime targets. As for legality of the matter, it seems quite clear that
Tektronix does not want to be bothered by enforcing their copyright, whether
it is manual business or their franchised distributor. I am not saying that
it is right to infringe Tektronix copyright, but I see clear evidence that
they are not going to put teeth into it.

The letters that Stan mentioned and I understand that he meant mass mailing,
would be very effective. If letters came from people who still work and on
company letterhead, Tektronix might get an idea how their scheming is
received by potential customers. I do not think that Stan and Dean should be
asked to sign a 'collective letter'; they still know lot of people at
Tektronix and no strain should be put on those relationships. Besides, in
Tektronix's mind our group, as collectors, is of no consequence, they are
looking at people who would buy new equipment.

Regards

Miroslav Pokorni