To: TekScopes@...
From: bwebb@...
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:43:03 +0000
Subject: [TekScopes] TEK 466 focus potentiometer

I recently purchased a very used Tektronix 466 scope. It had a few broken knobs. I have been able to purchase replacements. So far it works great. I have discovered one problem. The focus potentiometer is stuck. It will not budge with vise grips. Fortunately it is frozen in the 'focused' position. I am wondering if the wiper is welded itself in this postion. Is this a know problem? Is there a source for a replacement focus potentiometer?

Since the trace is in focus this is not a big problem, but it is annoying.

Thanks - bill