From: "josko_flander" <josko_flander@yahoo.com>
To: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:56 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tek475 strangely in heat

Hi!

I have recently acquired an old Tek475 scope and although it works
great I was tempted to poke my nose in it. There I found something
strange. A pair of double transistors (Q914 and Q938) is literarily
steaming. They are too hot to touch. I have made some preemptive
measurments (compared the voltages in the circuit to those in the
schematics) but it all checks fine. I was wandering if it is their
normal working temperature or they are overheating and are about to
die.

Any comment would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks!

Josko Flander