Re: OT Eprom Problem

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

Jerry, how do you know you have a bad Eprom? The RTC clock issue as I recall, looks just as you describe. The RTC failure puts the uP in a loop.
This is a known problem on the 9400 series.

To: "TekScopes@..."
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT Eprom Problem

OK, the Lecroy  9400 series use a special Sanyo RTC battery, that, if it fails, the uP will not run. I know this because I have encountered it before. You should be able to get the p/n off the old cell. It also will not run with out the  cell, or the CORRECT battery installed. Mouser did carry the battery.

To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:58 PM

Sorry, A LeCroy 9400 Digital Oscilloscope..

jerry

-----Original Message-----
To: TekScopes
Sent: Thu, Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm

A 9400 what?

To: hp_agilent_equipment@...; tekscopes@...; TekScopes2@...
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:17 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] OT Eprom Problem

Hi,

I have been trying to fix a 9400 with no screen display and no front panel lights. I found that the clock to the front panel was not running. I then found that the microprocessor appeared to be running in a closed loop. Scoping the address and data lines showed no apparent problems. I swapped the 2.06AV firmware with 2.06 firmware from a parts unit and found that the front panel now comes alive and I have a partial display. I am assuming I have a problem in my 2.06AV eproms. It has been 15 years since I had to deal with eproms. Going out to ebay shows many programmers available. Can anyone advise me on an easy to use programmer? Can someone diagnose my set and correct the error?

jerry 

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.