Re: OT Eprom Problem

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

Jerry, how do you know you have a bad Eprom? The RTC clock issue as I recall, looks just as you describe. The RTC failure puts the uP in a loop.
This is a known problem on the 9400 series.

From: Bob Koller
To: "TekScopes@..."
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT Eprom Problem

OK, the Lecroy  9400 series use a special Sanyo RTC battery, that, if it fails, the uP will not run. I know this because I have encountered it before. You should be able to get the p/n off the old cell. It also will not run with out the  cell, or the CORRECT battery installed. Mouser did carry the battery.