Re: Tek 500 series valved scopes. Any available?

Kevin Wood G7BCS

Some description at
http://www.barrytech.com/tektronix/vintage/tek547.html
Indeed, and their last sentence sums it up nicely, IMHO:

"This is the model to look for if you're buying a 500-series instrument."

.. with one slight fly in the ointment, in that the HV transformer _might_
prove troublesome.

I have a 546; a very similar instrument and it's perfectly usable to this
day (if your workshop's well ventilated in the summer and especially if
it's poorly heated in the winter) ;-).

I did think about letting it go but.. argh, sorry, Jez. I can't do it.
I've had it since I was 15 years old, after all. ;-)

Kevin