Re: OT Eprom Problem

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

A 9400 what?

From: Jerry Massengale
To: hp_agilent_equipment@...; tekscopes@...; TekScopes2@...
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:17 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] OT Eprom Problem

Hi,

I have been trying to fix a 9400 with no screen display and no front panel lights. I found that the clock to the front panel was not running. I then found that the microprocessor appeared to be running in a closed loop. Scoping the address and data lines showed no apparent problems. I swapped the 2.06AV firmware with 2.06 firmware from a parts unit and found that the front panel now comes alive and I have a partial display. I am assuming I have a problem in my 2.06AV eproms. It has been 15 years since I had to deal with eproms. Going out to ebay shows many programmers available. Can anyone advise me on an easy to use programmer? Can someone diagnose my set and correct the error?

jerry