From: Tom Miller <tmiller@...>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 2430a battery and cal constants
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 5:51 PM

With DC, it does not matter.

Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Moore
To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:41 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help.
No I don't think I do have access to a pg506. My scope isn't calibrated right now anyway, so I don't have anything to lose by trying a benchtop power supply. I just need to know how to hook it up. I was thinking about a cable with dual bnc on one end and positive and ground banana plugs on the other end. My concern is the impedence since the manual says to use a 50 ohm cable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

From: DaveC <davec2468@...>
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Monday, May 30, 2011, 4:53 PM

Tadiran makes a full-size AA 3.6v lithium that approximates the mAh
spec of the original in the 2430a.

After replacing that, Chris, simply follow the self-calibration
on-screen prompts. It asks for (if memory serves) a 5v input voltage
and a couple of other things and you're done.

When I replaced the battery in my 2430a I, too, thought I'd need to
do a full calibration, but it did not. Your scope may indeed be out
of calibration, but you don't need to do this just to get it back
into an "operable" state.

Just replace the battery, follow the on-screen calibration steps and
see what you get then. If you still need to do a full calib., so be
it. But I don't think you will.

Cheers,
Dave

-=-=-=-

Chris, If memory serves, you can use one of the 1/2AA size Tadiran
lithium batteries. Also, it will need a complete calibration, both
Internal and External. This is actually not difficult to do, but you
do need a calibration generator and the service manual. It may
require a couple of passes through the cal procedure. Did this
instrument work correctly before the battery died? Contact me off
list for more info.
-=-=-=-

Hello,

Would anyone happen to have the part number for a good replacement
battery for my 2430a. It seems the dead one that I removed is
obsolete. Also, since I'm sure that I've lost data, what is the
cheapest and easiest way of getting that back. Hopefully not
calibration, since that would be way out of my league and/or price
range. Any help for this beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris