New electrolyitc capacitors vs old ones

Bill Smith <ko4nrbs@...>

The capacitors manufactured today are much better than
the ones manufactured 10, 20 or 30 years ago. The
technological advances made in the materials used to
manufacture the capacitors provide you with an
excellent product. In addition they are usually much
smaller while having the same or higher voltage and
capacity ratings.

Within reason I always replace the electrolyitcs in
any old gear I buy. Especially in the power supply.
This is a good web site that explains the process:
http://antiqueradio.org/recap.htm

Thanks,
Bill Smith KO4NR

=====