Re: 2215

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

It is just as
expensive to ship something from Europe/UK over to the States.
It is horribly expensive to send stuff from the UK to the US. Taking a 30lb
package as a for instance, USPS tells me that this is $107 air parcel, and
$66 surface. The same weight by Royal Mail costs the same numbers in UK
pounds - �107 and �72 respectively. IOW it is 84% more expensive to ship
from the UK to the USA as it is in the other direction (on today's exchange
rate).

Craig

PS just been fighting another capacitor death problem. This time a shorted
tant in a Racal true RMS voltmeter. Took out the +15V reg too and a couple
of resistors. Tant was 47u 16V, on a 15V line. Posts to the list from
Miroslav indicates that this is sailing *very* close to the wind - so I'll
be changing out all dozen or so of these beasts now.

Racal volmeter is very interesting. Goes from 10kHz to 1.5GHz at 1mV full
scale max sensitivity. Does it with a random sampling probe, then analog
computer to calculate rms (squarer, integrator, log, halve then anti-log to
get square root). Accuracy 1% to 500MHz and 5% to 1.5GHz.