Re: 2430a battery and cal constants

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

Chris, If memory serves, you can use one of the 1/2AA size Tadiran lithium batteries. Also, it will need a complete calibration, both Internal and External. This is actually not difficult to do, but you do need a calibration generator and the service manual. It may require a couple of passes through the cal procedure. Did this instrument work correctly before the battery died? Contact me off list for more info.

From: Chris Moore
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:12 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] 2430a battery and cal constants

Hello,

Would anyone happen to have the part number for a good replacement battery for my 2430a. It seems the dead one that I removed is obsolete. Also, since I'm sure that I've lost data, what is the cheapest and easiest way of getting that back. Hopefully not calibration, since that would be way out of my league and/or price range. Any help for this beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris