Re: 2465(B) power supply recapping recommendations

You're welcome to disagree if you like. Most techs do, until they find themselves in the same boat ;-)

Investigation after the fact lead me to conclude the following:
The combination of high capacitance, low ESR and high lead inductance is a recipe for creating high-Q LC tank circuits and unwanted resonances at frequencies as low as a few kHz to 10s of kHz.
Those resonances will destroy associated semiconductors.

Any of you fellow techs out there who are more knowledgeable than me in LC design are welcome to expand on the issue.

You can hear the whistling, the (explosive) pop, then the tell-tale smell...

Been there, done that, learnt from experience.

Menahem Yachad
http://www.condoraudio.com