Re: .... How do you manage getting THAT kind of a screen burn?

David Holland

Details on said kit?   and how hard it would be to replicate manually?

I have a couple of 500 series tek scopes now that it may not be a bad idea to protect them...

thanks,

David

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:04 PM, mileschuck59 <chuckhmiles@...> wrote:

Don,  this is a little OT, but Tektronix had a mod kit (p/n: 040-0159-00) that is easy to install and limits how bright you can set inten control. I have added one to my 545B and others,... saves nicely from burns.   Chuck
--- In TekScopes@..., Don Black >
> I guess it stood ready and waiting for the call to duty for many hours.
> Back in the late sixties at the university I worked at in the AVA
> department we got sent a vidicon tube and asked to fix it. This was when
> lasers were the new toy and the physics department had been
> experimenting with them. obviously they had used the vidicon to observe
> the laser beam, either directly or through some optics and it had nicely
> evaporated the photo surface off the faceplate with a 2:1 Lissajous
> figure. You didn't have to operate it, the burn was clearly visible just
> by looking at the tube. It makes this burn look like a mosquito bite.
> We just said "sorry" and gave it back to them.
>
> Don Black.
>
> On 20/05/2011 5:38 AM, faustian.spirit wrote:
> > 130521489871
> >
> > speechless.

<*> Your email settings:
   Individual Email | Traditional