Re: 465B troubleshooting continued -Tearing my hair out

Paul Amaranth

If you want to keep your fingers away from the board, one of those
non-contact IR thermometers works great too. Pretty easy to scan
across the board with them.

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 02:36:46PM -0000, fqo65 wrote:

Bob

One of the best trouble shooting devices is your thumb! Feed your power supply into the shorted board, while watching the current...you don't want to burn any traces. Let it cook for a couple of minutes, then start probing with your thumb, feeling for something that is warm...that's your problem.

I've done this many times...works great.

Tad

--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA
paul@... | Unix & Windows