Re: Opamp arithmetic circuits

Richard L. Wurdack

Yep, we used to do whole airplane simulations that way.

D.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: Opamp arithmetic circuits

Hi.
I can remember in the early 70's using op-amps the build analogue computers and using them to analyse the response of mechanical springs and tuned circuits. It involved mathematical modelling the device in the S plane then building integrators and differentiators using op-amps, also a vast amount of scaling pots.

Regards.
Ken

To: "TekScopes@..."
Sent: Tue, 25 January, 2011 16:45:40
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: Opamp arithmetic circuits

Yes I know the history and what can be done with an opamp, but I remembered that someone from the groups I've subscribed stated that his doing some arithmetic circuits with opamps. I needed some books on the subject as I'm taking a course that supposedly handles just that, the reality being quite different though.

Thanks for the answers, I'll ask around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. Microsoft broke the Volkswagen world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!

. It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it.
-Vince Lombardi

. Everybody can learn how to make kids, but not everyone can raise them right!

To: TekScopes@...
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:12 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: Opamp arithmetic circuits

Op-amp is short for "operational amplifier" which was originally developed to implement mathematical "operations" in analog computers. This application has disappeared, of course, but the name stuck.

--- In TekScopes@..., Gala Dragos wrote:
>
> Is this the group where I've heard someone talking about building circuits with opamp to emulate arithmetic logic ?
>

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.