From: TekScopes@... [mailto:TekScopes@...] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:49 PM
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: [TekScopes] Troubleshooting FG501A

Hi Everyone; Today I tried to start where I left off last week.
I verified that everything was OK up to the end of the circuit description and theory. but I noted that I was not able to adjust the current on both sides. I also noted a intermittent waveform at the output. where there was none before. what I found today was the intermittent was due to the probe adapter. While I discovered that last week I was measuring the voltage at R1521 and R1536 with respect to ground. that was incorrect. I should have measured across the resistors mentioned. when I did I found I could balance the two currents there reading .808 each I also noted on the second FG501A this value is nearly double.I don't know why! No waveform present on the second generator. When I went back to the first generator I noticed I lost the waveform. I noted last week that the final output transistors were running very hot, I took this as normal. Now I'm thinking that was a mistake and I ignored a condition too long and may have lost the output transistors, I hope not there are 4 of them. I was so upset this is where I left off today! I'm going to try to upload a picture of the waveform.

Regards
Dave