From: TekScopes@... [mailto:TekScopes@...] On Behalf Of Pa4tim
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:01 PM
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: Using Curve tracer

I am building some smps and have problems with the right inductor. I wanted to make an inductor tester but then I thought it must be possible to use my 577 fot that. i'm I right or is an inductive load not a good idea for the CT. If it is possible how do I connect and set the CT

Fred PA4TIM

Op 4 dec. 2010 om 20:49 heeft DaveC <davec2468@...> het volgende geschreven:

Ed,
This "other use" of a curve tracer (other than the intended
semiconductor V-I curve mapping) is a real head-slapper to me. The
CT, in my eyes, just became a much more versatile piece of gear.

When you have the time I would very much appreciate a description of
how to use the CT to test each type of component in the categories
you mention.

Thanks for the benefit of your knowledge.

Dave

(And a big THANKS to Dave P. for re-titling the post. I would not
have otherwise read it. We should all take note and do more of this
when a thread morphs.)

-=-=-=-