Re: Recommend for a young student

widgethunter

In a message dated 12/10/2010 9:30:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, todd@... writes:
Thinking about picking up a used scope for a highly motivated and brilliant youngster.

Where budget is a consideration the 2245A is a great choice. 100mHz, 2+2 ch, GREAT user interface, readouts for basics only.

I found the readouts to be a great learning aid, kinda like a practice test allowing a student to compare his own observations with an accurate reference - RIGHT NOW - which is HUGE for the current crop of humanoids. Attention spans have become much shorter since the days of Eico kit scopes.

Probes!

Have fun - wish my daughter were interested...
Bernd Schroder