Tek 465B with less than good focus

George Headley

Hello Group: This is my first post but I feel that I know all of the regulars. I'm very impressed with your knowledge and have learned a lot from your experiences. I an an old computer tech , retired but not ready to give up the challenges relating to Tektronix scopes. I have been buying them mostly for the challenges found in the repairs but somewhat out of respect for equipment that is fun to work on because of the quality. I have several 465B that have poor focus. Not really bad but not good enough. There is some improvement when I limit to 20MHz. I dont have a HV probe but I suspect HV problems. I know from experience that low HV will cause a blooming of the trace. I have adjusted the CRT bias as per the manual. Slight improvement, astig and sweep ckts within spec. If I can trouble you for a minute of your time do you have any suggestions. one more thing , it may be my imagination but the rise and fall lines seem to be sharper than the time base lines..
George Headley

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at http://isp.BlueLight.com