From: "Earthlink" <billbrobeck@earthlink.net>
To: "Stan & Patricia Griffiths" <w7ni@easystreet.com>
CC: <tekscopes@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Big Cap for 465M
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:07:23 -0800

Thank you

I went ahead and found a replacement from digikey for about $5 + S&H. The
neat thing about it was

1) I got a 105C cap
2) its allot smaller so I think it should last longer being farther away
from any warm things in there.
3) it was pretty easy to solder in

Things to look out for

1) those darn horizontal and vertical "plugs" underneath that coil of coax
on the vertical amp board...who designed that blasted layout!?! Jesus, what
a pain!!! one broke off....the manual does not jump out and tell you
exactly where those plugs are located...resoldering was abit inconvenient

2) When subbing for a old metal cap be sure to put in any required jumpers
from the vacated solder points. Those tek guys used the cap cans to get from
one side of the board to the other.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)