Re: Tek 310 and Looking for Advice

Stan & Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

HI Stan,

I still think the problem you see now is in the power supplies themselves.

The first question I have for you is this:

Are the power supplies "regulating"? That is, do the voltages remain the
same as the line voltage is varied from 105 to 125 VAC? If you don't have a
metered variable line voltage source, now is the time to get one.

Second question:

How much "ripple" is on each supply? Is is about the amount stated in the
manual calibration procedure? (10 millivolts)

Third question:

As you try to set the -150 volt power supply on -150, can you vary it at all
with the adjustment control or is it just at -140 all the time?

Fourth question:

Have you checked the output from the 5651 reference tube? It should be
about 85 volts. Measure this between pins 1 and 7 on V613.

Since all of the power supplies are referenced to the -150, it has to be
accurate for the rest of the supplies to be accurate. Also, the -150
depends on a working +300 to work properly, which means you have a problem
in either the -150 or the +300 or both.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com