Slow control response on TDS724, was Re: TDS640A

guy_ellis_1964

Hi,

I've got a similar problem with a TDS724 - it seems to be very slow to respond to the front panel controls.

Denis if you are still around, did you manage to solve your problem?

Meanwhile I'll check those caps.

Cheers,

- Guy.

--- In TekScopes@..., <denis.cobley@...> wrote:

I agree
Any TDS400/500/600/700 before about 1994 is highly suspect.
Even if it is currently working if any of you own one and would like to keep
it then please do yourself a favour and pull the case off to check for leaky
caps.
If you find ANY then replace all of them on the acquisition, processor and
front panel board.

You might need to buy a hundred caps but that's much cheaper then a new high
end TDS scope.

80% of all of these models fail just from these caps and I fully expect it
to be 100% within a few years.
If you are lucky either Tek or the previous owner has already done the cap
change.
You can see the early signs by dull solder on surrounding components and
dust sticking to the leaking electrolyte.

Regards
Denis