Re: 7S14 sampler bias mercury cell elimination

stefan_trethan

me too.

Not because of a 7S14 but optical power interests me.
I used a halogen spotlight and solar cells to power meters for EMC
measurement that had to be earth free.

PMM in Italy makes an EMC measuring receiver head that is powered with
a laser through a fiberoptic cable.

ST

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Ed Breya <edbreya@...> wrote:
I tried to use my 7S14 recently and found that the Hg cells had finally died. I had an idea years ago (planning for this eventuality) to generate the bias with optical power. So, I did some experiments, and found a very simple arrangement that seems to work quite well. If others are interested, I can write up a detailed description to post.

Ed