From: gehp01
To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:16 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] FG 504 Offset problem

Dear All,
The positive side of the DC offset of my FG-504 is not working, but negative is working fine.
I thought this would be an easy fix, but I am about to quit.
In case someone gets interested, I have uploaded this section of the schematics.
First, I checked the + and - 15V and the +/- 4V input and they are ok.
Next, I pulled out Q-1150 and Q-1170 and, to my surprize, both are ok also.
With these transistors out of circuit, the output of U-1145 goes from
-13V to + 7.0V.
I ran out of ideas.
I would not venture to replace U1145 since this would mean to disassemble almost the entire unit.
Any suggestions?
Thank you