Re: Input RC Standardizers

zenith5106 <zenith@...>

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "John Doran" <johnd@e...> wrote:

Howdy!

Tektronix specifies the use of "input RC standardizers" in their
calibration procedures for vertical input attenuators. For example,
the procedure for their 1A2 plug-in unit specifies:

Tektronix part no. 011-0073-00, time constant 1 megohm
x 15 pF; attenuation 2X.

What sort of network lives inside the RC standardizer? I'd like to
build one; I imagine a few other folks need one too!

-John
---------
John,
It's a 1 Mohm resistor in parallell with one fixed and one variable
capacitor connected between the input and output of the box.
I placed a copy of the old data sheet at
http://w1.871.telia.com/~u87138090/011007300.jpg
/Zenith