RM503 - The story continues.

doug_jackson@...

Hi,

Thanks for the advice regarding caps. I have checked them, and they
appear to be operational.

I spent some more time working on the PSU last night. Finally, I lifted
the 3kv rectifier (5642) and the supplies came up beautifully!

Further investigation revealed 6k ohm of leakage between the 190V (pin
9,8) and the 6v (CRT heater pin 6,7) windings of the primary transformer
T601.

I have cleaned the area with ethyl alcohol, in case the leakage was caused
by surface oils, but it is still there.

The way I see it, I have a couple of possible solutions;

1) Obtain a replacement transformer. (Tec part # 120-203) - this
component is probably made from unobtanium.
2) Rewind the 6.3v winding on the transformer. It appears to be outside
winding on the device, so it should not be that hard.
3) Install a separate 6.3v transformer to supply the CRT heater voltage.

Can anybody provide any extra information on the rewinding options? I
*really* dont want to install a separate transformer if I can help it.

Alternately, does anybody on the list have a transformer that they would
be willing to part with, or could name a supplier that would be able to
supply one (for less than the cost of my mortgage!)

regards.

Doug Jackson
National Manager - Managed Services (ACT)
Citadel Securix Pty Ltd

Level 1, 10 Moore St
Canberra ACT 2601
Ph: (612) 6290 9011
Fx: (612) 6262 6152
Mob: 0414 986 878

Web: www.citadel.com.au
Melbourne - Sydney - Canberra - Brisbane - Hong Kong - Atlanta

Any pricing or time figures contained within this email are indicative
only, and have been provided for planning purposes only. Please request a
quotation from your sales representative prior to undertaking any work.

CAUTION - The information in this message may be of a privileged or confidential nature intended only for the use of the addressee or someone authorised to receive the addressee's e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@citadel.com.au. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Citadel Securix.
Feel free to visit the Citadel Securix website! Click below.
http://www.citadel.com.au