From: "mcinsand" <mcintosh@triad.rr.com>
To: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 5:41 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] The Tek vs. Lavoie etc. Lawsuit

I have looked through the archives for information on the big scope
lawsuit, but did not see dates for when the offending scopes appeared
or when the suit was filed. I am just curious.

I have a Lavoie TS-239/UP in working order, with the government
property tag still fixed to the front. It was apparently kept at
Redstone Arsenal. Actually, I was surprised with the ease of
getting/keeping it going, and I was impressed at the features given
the time period. The frame has a JAN inspection date of 1950. Was
Lavoie just a good company gone bad?

Thanks.

stan