Re: 310 Scope Progress

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

The guys at Tek made
sure I had none of this to deal with, though. The wires just made a
simple poke through the selenium stack eyelets prior to soldering,
and that was that.
That is a technique not without its problems - Nice to disassemble without
overheating the wire insulation - but I've fought with a number of obscure
faults in Tek gear resulting from a dry joint, or just flaky joint as a
result of years of thermal contraction and vibration. The irritating twist
it around method overcomes most of that.

My first scope in 1972 was an ex-military Harley 13A. With that, the
multi-strand wire was stripped long, pushed through and looped back. the
overlapping sections were then lashed together with about 8 turns of single
strand wire. It was then soldered. There was no way on God's green earth
that these could be undone.

Craig