Re: 7603

Robert Morein <morepub@...>

The driving amplifier won't be bothered by a shorted load?

----- Original Message -----
From: Stan & Patricia Griffiths
To: ukcartman
Cc: TekScopes
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7603

On the off hand chance that your beam finder is also broken or the trace is
SO FAR OFF screen that the beam finder won't find it, try shorting the CRT
vertical plates together right at the CRT and see if that gives you a trace
or not. It should (if your sweep is running and the horizontal amp works).
This should cause no damage to the instrument if you don't brush one lead of
the shorting wire against ground as you do this . . .

Stan
w7ni@...