From: "tss_steve_990" <stevehogan@soundsteward.com>
To: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 6:14 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] 475A serial numbers

I have been shopping for a 475A scope on ebay. I am trying to find a
late model in pristine condition. My research so far seems to
indicate that one can get the most scope per buck with a 475A
(They are generally less than $300, often less than $200 even with
DM44 and still in calibration).

I was originally thinking of buying a 24xx type, but the hybrid
failure problems make it seem dangerous. I am presently without a
full-time gig and can't afford to spend money on the wrong scope.

Serial Numbers of 475A scopes that look interesting are:
B012776 ("B" stands for Beaverton factory?)
B025132 (obviously made at a later date)
711982 (note fewer numbers in s/n -- no "B")
7711043 (more numbers, no "B")

Can anyone help me decode the serial numbers and give me a clue what
they mean? Those who have noted the date codes of internal parts in
their 475A's and correlated them to S/N might help me figure out
roughly when they were built.

Also, are there any warnings of S/N's to avoid on these 475A scopes?

Thanks,
Steve