From: "Craig Sawyers" <c.sawyers@tech-enterprise.com>
To: "TekScopes" <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 1:50 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] 7A21N question

Hi all

Just received a 7A21N direct access plugin. This has two GR connectors on
the front panel, and bypasses the input amplifiers, giving a stonking
bandwidth of 1GHz in a 79xx series scope, but with a fixed deflection
factor. Differential or single ended mode is selectable internally. And
here is the problem:

First, it is more complex internally than you (or I) might imagine. There
are delay lines, phase inverters, an rf bridge and a power divider in
there,
plus other stuff. There is also a separate board with a number of
connections and components (but not connected to anything), clearly
intended
to feature in the conversion between differential and single ended mode.
There was a baggie of accessories in there (yippee!) with a GR 50-ohm
load,
two Tek-Tek coax cables, a couple of Tek-Tek coax adaptors, and a cable
for
use in the mainframe (unusually, this PI has two of the top rear
connections
used to deliver power to the position control) with a harness clip and
mounting hardware.

Soooo - has anyone got one of these, and/or a manual?

Thanks in hope!

Craig