Re: What to do with legacy scopes etc

jvanderwall1941

You have indeed come to the right place. I, for example, would like to hear more of the 7704s! Any sampling plug-ins? SMA cables? Tell us more.

Regards,

Jonathan

--- In TekScopes@..., Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...> wrote:

Bob,

You have come to the right place. This group of crazies will buy any damn thing. Must be from Louisiana. I suggest you generate a list of what you have and ask the group for offers for the value plus shipping. I would be very interested in Tektronix SC50X scopes as parts units and working units. Please feel free to contact me off list. And give your location. I need SC50x parts.

Jerry

--- On Mon, 12/21/09, bobworsley92 <bobworsley92@...> wrote:

Subject: [TekScopes] What to do with legacy scopes etc
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:56 AM

Hello group, been following the complaints about old scopes etc being disintegrated for their valves. Whilst I fully agree, on the other hand what do you do with them?

I have just re-inherited all the old test equipment I gave to my dad, he has recently died. I just don't have room for it, I could use it but it is not exactly portable like a 466 or similar. I also have a pile of 560 scope stuff of my own, and that now never gets used.

I did try selling some items on e(xpensive)bay but mostly no interest at all. On the second attept I sold the General Radio 1932A distortion analyser in almost new condition.

I was interested in the link to audiotubes web site, and the prices the valves get. As far as I can see that is the only way to get a reasonable sum for the scopes. At least part of them lives on.

Similarly the Sphere web site gives an idea on the prices for newer spares, prehaps all these 7704s I have are also for the chop.

Any suggestions other than giving it away? scrap prices are better than that.

Bob

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.