From: "Rolynn Prechtl K7DFW" <k7dfw@clatskanie.com>
To: "Allan Pierron" <pierron1@yahoo.com>
CC: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: 2246 With BROKEN COVER HELP
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:44:22 -0700

Household Goop. About $4.70 a tube and worth it's weight in gold. Has a
silicone base but is not anything like RTV.

http://tinyurl.com/g1j9

http://tinyurl.com/g1km

Between that, Super Glue (cyanoacrylate adhesive), epoxy or JB Weld and RTV
you can repair anything.

Out of that list Household Goop is the only thing that will be permanent on
that type of plastic. I've used it to do seemingly impossible things and it
holds with tenacity.

Other choices for some plastics could be Toluene (toluol) or a similar
solvent.

K7DFW Tek Bvtn '66-'71

..._._