From: "Miroslav Pokorni" <mpokorni2000@...>
To: <TekScopes@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:14 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Oil Filled Capacitors

In several instances of discussion on this forum paper caps were called
'oil
caps'. In last case that I remember, Don wrote back and pointed out that
those caps were actually paper, treated with oil but dry paper caps. There
is an auction on e bay for several oil caps with pretty good picture of
them; address is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2534602284&category=4662

As picture shows, oil caps are enclosed in steel case, to contain oil, and
usual purpose of those caps is phase correction (or motor start), where
considerable current is drawn through the cap.

Regards

Miroslav Pokorni