Re: Anything behind the practice of cutting off power cord on used test

ebrucehunter

A couple of years ago I disposed of a home-built klystron power supply. As
It was capable of generating an output of up to 4000 volts, I cut off the cord
and bashed the fuse-holders with a ball-peen hammer before setting it out
for trash collection. I did not want some unsuspecting person to be injured.
The same issue likely arises with high-voltage equipment such as
oscilloscopes. I can see where a prudent businessman, for safety considerations, might
want the equipment disabled before putting it in the trash.

Bruce, KG6OJI
**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)