Re: Tek 465 repair hints, svc manual? (fix story)

Richard L. Hess <lists@...>

Ok, off-topic, but fun.

Test fixture with seven cards fresh out of card-stuffing/wave solder.

Owner of firm brings the bankers by and explains my "cool" automated test setup.

I'm on a deadline, so I start testing the new cards.

Power up the test frame, smoke all over the place! All seven cards had both rails' tantalums in backwards.

Owner and bankers exit very promptly.

I take the boards, still smoking, back to the module fabrication group. The boards were not the only source of smoke. I think some was coming out of my ears.

Cheers,

Richard