Re: Tek 465 repair hints, svc manual? (fix story)

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Never
anything really exciting from a capacitor, however, most of the
unfortunate electrolytic experiences were much more sedate than
usually described.
Well, I had an electrolytic blow up in my face once. The pressure relief
was facing me, and POW! Fortunately I wear spectacles, and that stopped the
goo going in my eyes. I can't quite remember exactly what abuse that
capacitor had had - I suspect that I was expecting more of it than it was
prepared to give (probably exceeding ripple current rating by an order of
magnitude or some such in a quick-and-dirty lash up).

Craig