Re: CRT question

Miroslav Pokorni

So I suspect that in the 50's, there was a problem is getting high
deflection and bandwidth. It was also probably limited by the available
drive from wide band deflection amps at the time (the famous Tek
distributed
amp).
As I read it in 'trivia ad nauseam', 'The famous distributed amp' was ironed
out over a dinner in Portland, Oregon, between visiting guest, Bill Hewlett
and his host Howard Vollum. It appears that both of them were considering
idea of such an amp and the occasion of a visit, which apparently were
frequent, brought about crystallization of design.

Regards

Miroslav Pokorni