Re: 7904 Switch Lamps

Stan & Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

Hi Jay,

I don't happen to have any bulbs for the "A" and "B" positions of the 7904 mainframe horizontal mode switch.

I did come up with the following info in my search, however:

Horizontal mode switch = 670-1639-00

A and B bulbs = 150-0057-01
These are 7153AS15 "selected". The manual for 7904's above s/n B26 gives a generic number of 17AS15 for these bulbs. Both numbers are rated at 5 Volts and 115 mA.

These bulbs are aged and "selected" but there was no explanation of what they are selected for. My guess is that they are matched for light output.

The manufacturer is:

Oshino Electric Lamp Works, Ltd.
52 Minami Shinagawa 2 Chore
Shinagawa ku,
Tokyo, Japan

I would do a Google search on the manufacturer to see if there is a dealer in the U.S. who will sell small quantities of these. They were used in a LOT of Tek instruments and your best bet may be to pull some out of a salvaged instrument. I know it is not the best idea to use used incandescent bulbs, but these are specified to have a life of 50,000 hours and I suspect the ones in the "A Dlyd" and "B Int" positions do not have many hours on them . . .

If you find a good source for these, let us all know . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com