Inendiary discs, was Tek 465 repair hints, svc manual? (fix story)

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Like a 3 volt p-p signal riding on 6 volts of DC
with a .01
50 volt disc. Where did my signal go? Took the cap out and measures 4
ohms. No stress there but the cap failed. So it dont suprise me either,
but its not the first thing I go looking for either.
One evening, listening to the Television sound through a stereo amp (50W)
and speakers the amp died - smoke and flames. Took the lid off, and all
that had happened was a 0.1uF disc ceramic decoupler had gone short and
crowbarred the power supply. There was enough energy in the smoothing caps
to incinerate it after the fuse had blown (around 20J).

Craig