From: Ashton Brown
To: Tekscopes
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7S14 - diode?

Nor do I recall the recent bat. ref. (It may well have been under a
useless successive title like, 'Thoughts on the Turbo Encabulator in
Industry'.)

What I do recall is - successfully replacing a Hg-cell in a fine Pentax
SLR - with a ~1.5 cell of ~ size (Ag-Zinc or other.) Inserted a handy
Germanium diode in the body, where there was plenty of room == readings
well within cal (having applied precision 1.35 volts before, then
comparing post-op metering.)

While zeners could be tricky in camera use, where few-µamp drain is
preferred - one might work in your ap. as well as Ge trimming (?) since
power is free.

(I wish that Hg cells were still available.. maybe only with 'trade-in'?)
Then again -overall- I don't: we have proven that people will not
responsibly dispose of Anything. It's just too hard to think; takes time
away from shopping.

Ashton