Re: New here, got some Tek scopes (let's start with the 2236)

Chris Elmquist

Is this where we insert the public service message from the Talking Heads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U

--
Chris Elmquist

On Sep 12, 2022, at 7:23 PM, Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@...> wrote:

´╗┐Luca,

I had never had a RIFA go out on me before either until I had one in an HP signal generator burn up while the generator was turned off. That was an eye opener: I had not considered that the placement of some of the filter capacitors meant that they were across live wall power even when the power to the instrument was turned off. That has made me much more cautious about plugging in old equipment until I've done a good visual inspection.

-- Jeff Dutky