Re: Fault Finding with a Millivolt Meter

Jim Ford

Ooh, shiny!  Lock-in Amplifier (never heard it called an Analyzer before) - now I want one!  Onto the wishlist it goes.  Any recommendations for make and/or model, Ed?  Or Steve H. or anybody?  TIA.      Jim FordSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------From: "Ed Breya via groups.io" <edbreya@...> Date: 5/6/22 10:48 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Fault Finding with a Millivolt Meter Do you have access to a lock-in analyzer (LIA)? If so, you can force some reference current, say at 10-100 Hz, and do voltage probing. The LIA's large dynamic range allows it to work with very small signals, and it's ability to distinguish phase lets you find real (resistive) shorts/overloads, while ignoring the capacitive loading of the filtering and bypass caps.Ed