Re: Measuring inrush current

Yes, I understood that, thanks... but the 240 volt, 20 amp outlet (protected by a standard SquareD "QO" breaker) can handle the AC inrush adequately, especially since I have an NTC inrush limiter on the transformer primary. Certainly that huge toroid transformer is not at risk. My main concern is for the bridge rectifier. Silicon junctions are far less tolerant of even momentary overloads, after all.

Anyhow, my original aim was to make the power supply big enough to withstand the inverter's inrush current and it seems to be doing that. I doubt very much if I will ever encounter a piece of mil-surplus gear that has a similar large startup demand ;)