Re: TDS380 Jerky Response with Measurements Turned On

Kevin Wood G7BCS

Yep, that looks normal in my experience. If you watch closely, the trace update pauses briefly before each measurement update, so it probably spends a little time capturing some samples for the measurement, then processing them to compute the measured value.

Kevin
G7BCS

On 22/01/2022 15:42, Richard Peterson wrote:
My scope has Option 14 which includes the display output. I did have to construct a converter to 'translate' the Tek pinout to a VGA input but running with that disconnected doesn't affect the latency. I've stumbled across a thread on eevblog complaining about the slow update rate of this scope especially with measurements on, so I guess this is normal. Still a nice scope, so I'll just live with the lag.
Thanks for the feedback
Rich