Re: Type 106

saipan59 (Pete)

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 08:34 AM, Stephen wrote:

That thing is fighting me in any possible way! That’s unbelievable!
All the rectifiers have been changed, not more mains fuse blowing. It turns
out the remaining 3 failed as well.
All the voltages are perfectly fine, but now I have no more output, nothing.
Neither on the high amplitude, nor on the fast rise. ZILCH!
Things seem to fail one after the other, in cascade…. Fix one thing,
something else bad comes up…
That thing doesn’t want to cooperate…
Any ideas?
Perhaps an intermittent short in the primary side of the power transformer?? When the short kicks in, secondary-side voltages could go way higher than normal, frying lots of things.
I can't think of anything else that would kill the rectifiers...

Pete