Re: Newbie with a 466 that won't sweep

Richard Halkyard

Just a quick follow-up to this; I managed to track the fault down to a dead Q1006 in the A sweep generator, and a possibly-marginal Q1036. Replaced both of these and it's working again! Still got a few minor issues that I'll see to as time allows, but some of them have already cleared up with a bit of use - I suspect dirty switch contacts and pots are a big part of it.

I do have one silly question: I need to turn the horizontal position control about 1/3 of the way to the right to center the trace, but in XY mode with the inputs grounded, the dot is centered with the position control centered. Is this normal? It's been so long since I've used an analog scope that I can't remember if this is expected behavior or not!

Thanks,
RIchard