Tek 308 data analyzer - serial data

Paul Amaranth

I have a small device that uses a 9600 baud rs-232
connection for communication that's not working correctly.
I thought I could use my 308 to take a look at the
data stream and I can't seem to get the right setup for
it to recognize the data. All I get are "+++" marks.

I have it connected on the TTL side, not the external
+/- 12V side. The trigger LED does flicker, but no
data is displayed.

Any one ever use this to look at a serial data stream?
Any ideas on the setup? There are not a lot of parameters
to fiddle with here, but I haven't found the right combination
yet.

thanks